Thursday, April 25, 2013

all about the food...


This last week has been all about food. Wait a sec... how is that different than other weeks? It's not really but this is a good opportunity to share a couple of my new favorite recipes for all to enjoy.  Remember my criteria which all of these fit... Taste, Simplicity and Feeling Alive. 



Baked Apples with Maple Cream
I have made this twice now each with different ingredients yet with the same delicious outcome.

~ 2nd time I used cranberry raspberry juice instead of apple cider(just what I had available)

~ Instead of maple mascarpone cheese you could use whip cream, vanilla ice cream, vanilla yogurt, almond milk, etc.  

~ I cut the apples in half and then core which makes for smaller portion sizes and more nuts and dates per apple.  



EGG & AVOCADO SALAD


Egg & Avocado Salad
Blend all ingredients with an immersion blender..
2 hard boiled eggs(peeled)
1 peeled avocado
1 1/2 tbsp brown mustard
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
Optional: Red Onion, Other favorite seasoning mixes, Lime Juice, Pickles, Pepperoncinis






This is my own creation that I have been making on and off for my lunch the last couple weeks although I could see it as a great appetizer dip, on a piece of bread, or even scooped onto a tomato half.  I change up the recipe each time depending on what I have in the fridge and it is always satisfying and fresh.  Not to mention quick.  Also, those are Crunch Master crackers which are gluten-free and tasty. 


Photos of other tasty, delicious and healthy treats recently... 
Whole wheat toast w/Avocado & Egg
Homemade Turkey Meatloaf & Kale Saute w/
 Mushrooms & Peppers
Dairy Free & Gluten Free Sunday Pancakes
(prepared by my dad, Mark)
Almond Milk Yogurt



1 comment:

  1. Way to go, I'm looking at this at lunch time and now I am hungry. And not for what's in my brown bag.

    The baked apples look great. Is any particular kind of apple better for baking?

    ReplyDelete